- 1 1/2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
3 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon Powder
1 1/2 cups of Milk
3 Tbsp. of melted Butter
Dried Berries about 1/2 cup
1. The first thing that you want to do is mix together your flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder together in a bowl.
2. Stir the milk, vanilla, and egg together in a separate container. Make a little well in the middle of your dry mix, then add the egg & milk mixture. Wisk together your ingredients until its consistent.
3. Then add the dried berries last. It’s ok if it’s a little lumpy & thick. The important thing is that everything’s mixed thoroughly.
4. Prepare your skillet with just a little bit of oil or cooking spray. You don’t want to get too much. Heat your pan to about medium heat then use a ladle to ladle your pancake mix in the skillet. Let it cook for about 30 secs to 1 min. Then flip, and repeat until both sides are done.
5. Usually a good rule is to wait until your batter starts to “bubble” on the first side, then it’s time to flip it for sure. Also if you’re using whole wheat flour like us, don’t be alarmed if your pancakes are a little darker. Some of it is because of the flour. They won’t look quite the same as ones made with regular mix, or all purpose flour.
6. Once all of your pancakes are done, just top with butter and serve with the Acai Dessert Sauce. The sauce definitely gives it an extra burst of berry flavour which makes the pancakes extra yummy.