Cherry Pie Chia Oats
For the cherry pie filling
2 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark cherries (thawed if frozen)
4 tablespoons maple syrup or your favorite sweetener
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the overnight oats
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 tablespoons MW Chia Seeds
3 tablespoons maple syrup or your favorite sweetener
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (I used almond milk)
Prepare the filling
1. Place the cherries, maple syrup, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the cherries soften and the juices thicken up, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Cool completely. The filling will thicken as it cools.
Prepare the overnight oats
1. Place the oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, and milk in a large bowl and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 6 hours or overnight.
2. Layer the oats in jars with the desired amount of filling, serve and enjoy!